axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CORS Supprt in Axis2
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 04:46:12 GMT
This might be a useful feature addition to Synapse as well. When you're done with the Axis2
implementation, perhaps you can take a look at the Synapse pass-thru transport as well.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Jul 9, 2015, at 5:27 AM, T. Allen <bif@verizon.net> wrote:

> +1 for adding CORS support.
>

> On 7/8/2015 8:13 PM, Asanka Dissanayake wrote:
>> Hi Devs,
>> I recently happened to call a Axis2Service with AJAX post method. Then there was
an "Access-Control-Allow-Origin Error". When I was digging through the path, I came to know
about CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing) spec [1] .

>> User agents commonly apply same-origin restrictions to network requests. These restrictions
prevent a client-side Web application running from one origin from obtaining data retrieved
from another origin, and also limit unsafe HTTP requests that can be automatically launched
toward destinations that differ from the running application's origin.

>> To overcome this issue , I implemented an axis2 handler which the implementation
is very specific to my use case. It handles the preflight request.