axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Is axis 2 active OR has it been retired?
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 12:31:42 GMT

From: Vivek.P.Sridharan@wellsfargo.com
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Is axis 2 active OR has it been retired?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:10:53 +0000

Thank you Martin. It is heartening to see a response within a couple of hrs. and a commitment
to help me as an Axis 2 user.

Good to know that there are large user communities such as Banco Santander.

Is it possible to get additional information that can demonstrate that if my project sponsors
continue on Axis 2 they do not have to be fearful of being stuck
 on a platform that is not adopting newer developments and does not have enough developers
and contributors that can step up and help in with issues?
MG>no worries there.. critical patches will be implemented asap..docs updated as time allows
MG>I am working on getting everything done in one shot request/code/docs in a comprehensive
maven pom.xml

Below are some items that I can think of can demonstrate project viability, if you have different
information that demonstrates the same that will also work:

-
High level outlook on how the Axis 2 project expects to move forward

http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2

MG>bug fixes are completed first (due to demonstrated non-adherence to any of above standards)
MG>docs are usually updated in a day or 2 (depending on available time/financial constraints
of devs)

-
An idea of the number of active developers/contributors
MG>varies widely due to time and or financial constraints of the developers
MG>I remember at Santander counting upwards of  100 authors over a 10 year period

-
Additional developers responding to this email and showing support for the project (other
devs can email me directly instead of the dev-distro to
 avoid spam)

Kind regards,

Vivek