axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "robertlazarski ." <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regex problems with XMLBeans
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 23:34:57 GMT
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 8:14 PM, T. Allen <bif@verizon.net> wrote:
> I did not receive any replies about this problem but was able to get past
> it.  Changing the regex from:
> <xsd:pattern value="^(NA|UN).*"/>
>
> to:
> <xsd:pattern value="(NA|UN).*"/>
>
> fixed the problem.  It seems XML Beans does not interpret the leading ^
> symbol correctly.  Is this by design or should I create a JIRA?
>
> Thanks,

Glad to you found the problem. While I have used xmlbeans with axis2,
I never used regex like that with it and didn't have any advice.

Looking here though indicates that this is by design:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#regexAppendix

"the expression language does not contain the metacharacters ^ and $,
although ^ is used to express exception, e.g. [^0-9]x" .