axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Retiring Sandesha2 from 1.7.0 release
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 16:51:59 GMT
I believe this is the right time to bring this discussion due to
following reasons.

1. For many years I never see any user mail that indicate real use of
Sandesha2, It's a question to me whether anyone still expecting newer
versions of Sandesha2.

2. In my POV RM is not popular and not widely used as other WS
technologies. Further some of the main users of Sandesha2 such as
Synapse already decided to drop RM support.

3. From many years no one actively develop Sandesha2 code base and
current situation is pathetic as test cases failing from time to time
and no one have time/experience  to fix them.

Going forward retiring Sandesha2 will help to keep health of Axis TLP
hence here is my +1.

Having said if someone willing to actively develop and maintain
Sandesha2 project in near future I'm more than happy to withdraw my
proposal

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga