axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Lack of allocation failure checking in C code gen
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:31:38 GMT
Jake

I think you've touched upon a common ailment for all software deployables..exhausting resources
There have been a few ideas kicked around..most notably

check if requested_allocation <=available_heap
the problem is determining available heap varies with each OS and ARCH type so..

a comprehensive testcase matrix would need to incorporate every OS/ARCH permutation

if this is important to you file a JIRA and submit a patch (with appropriate testcases)

and as long as you can prove that all testcases pass ..I am sure the patch will be approved

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C

Looking forward to seeing your patch

Thanks,
Martin Gainty