axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Release from Trunk?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:29:34 GMT
Hi Suresh,

On Sep 1, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Suresh Attanayake <suresh.attanayake@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI Hiranya and Sagara,
>
> We are planing to do a Rampart hackathon. There are only 7 L1, L2s and 66 L3s. A release
won't be impossible. What would be the deadline ?

This is great news!

I don't have any hard deadline in mind. But it would be great if we can get a new release
some time later this month.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Thanks,
> -Suresh
>

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry about digging up an old thread. But I just wanted to check up on this. Is there
any ongoing work towards an Axis2 and Rampart releases in the near future?

> I understand that there are currently some issues with Sandesha. But is WS-RM support
worth maintaining any further? It doesn't look like anybody's actively using it or willing
to develop it (I may be wrong here). In that case may be it's time to archive Sandesha and
move on?

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Jul 18, 2013, at 1:28 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply Sagara. Do all three (Axis2, Rampart and Sandesha) should be
released in the same release cycle? Or can we release Axis2 first and then get to the others
later?

>> That's is possible but I'm worrying on two things.
>>
>> 1. Once we release Axis2 1.7.0  version older versions of Rampart and Sandesha can't
be used with new Axis2 version and people asking for  new releases for Rampart/Sandesha. Even
for Synapse you need compatible Rampart/Sandesha versions not just Axis2 version

>> 2. After Axis2 get released if we found some changes to do on Axis2 core in oder
to fix any Rampart/Sandesha2 issue then we have to go for another Axis2 release so the best
options is release together.

>> Thanks !
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>> On Jul 15, 2013, at 1:49 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> The Synapse community is working towards a release by the end of summer. The
last Synapse release was based on Axis2 1.6.1. I understand that there's a newer 1.6.2 release
now, but the Synapse trunk is currently based on Axis2 trunk (1.7.0-SNAPSHOT). Is there any
chance we can get a release from the Axis2 trunk in the near future?

>>> There are bunch of new features and more than 100 of bug fixes on Axis2 trunk
to go with 1.7.0 and I can handle a Axis2 release too but the biggest problem to me is handling
Rampart and Sandesha2 releases. Specially there are some test failures happening time to time
on Sandesha2, this can be a thread synchronization issue but currently no one looking into
it. If some one can look into those issues and fix them then it's not hard to get Axis2 releases
soon.

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;