axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Nufail <>
Subject HTTPSender handleResponse special case for http code 400 and 500
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:27:13 GMT

I'm looking at HTTPSender class [1] in org.apache.axis2.transport.http
package. In the handleResponse method, http status codes 400 and 500 are
handled separately while for every other error code an AxisFault is thrown.
In the case of 400 and 500 an AxisFault is thrown only if
CLIENT_API_NON_BLOCKING property is true. I found that
CLIENT_API_NON_BLOCKING property is used to invoke the sending in a
separate thread.

May I know why 400 and 500 codes are considered a special case and handled
differently from other error codes and why AxisFault is thrown only after
the check.

View raw message