axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improve Axis2 JAX-WS performance
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:39:52 GMT
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Danushka Seneviratne <
danushkagsoc13@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>

> While searching a GSoC project idea, I got to know about Axis2 project
> having potential opportunity to work on its JAX-WS implementation.
> According to the facts I gathered, I have created a JIRA issue here
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5509. As foremost objective
> I'm planning to find bottlenecks of Axis2 JAX-WS framework and suggest
> possible solutions during the project period. I have some experience about
> JAX-WS programming model but it is based on Metro framework on JBoss
> server. During recent past I tried to develop few Axis2 based JAX-WS
> services and managed to run set of basic samples. I'm much obliged if
> someone can guide me to find out a direction.

Sometimes back I did a profiling to identify performance issues of JAX-WS
implementation you can read what I found from here [1]. Based on my
findings I started to write improved version of JAX-WS but couldn't manage
to make much progress with my time restrictions, basically I wrote a custom
MethodMarshaller[2] and plugged into the existing architecture. I'm not
sure where I put those codes but I will try to find them so that you can
take a look.

If you really want to make this idea into GSoC project then it's required
to understand issues on current architecture first but this depends on of
how well you understand the architecture of existing implementation. My
recommendation is spend some time initially and come up with detail
proposal and detailed plan mentioning these are the identified issues and
these are the possible ways of solution etc. Any way you have to be quick
on preparation of this project. Hope this helps you to start your first
step if you need further helps don't hesitate to contact this list.

[1] - http://markmail.org/thread/7pww6veepr77kzuq
[2] -
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/api/org/apache/axis2/jaxws/marshaller/MethodMarshaller.html

Thanks !