axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MQTT transport for Axis2
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:05:16 GMT
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> MQTT is an application layer broker based pub/sub protocol built on top of
> TCP/IP. It is very lightweight and hence ideal for usage in
> network/memory/computing power constrained environments. If I quote the
> MQTT spec, the protocol features,
>
>    1. Pub/Sub message pattern
>    2. Small transport overhead, fixed length header being only 2 bytes
>    3. Supports three QOS for message delivery, at-least once, exactly
>    once and at-most once.
>
> The ability to operate under constrained environment make this protocol an
> ideal candidate for embedded device communication/pervasive computing.
>
> I managed to implement a working axis2 transport using MQTT java client
> library provided by Eclipse Paho project.  The code can be found at [1]. I
> have also written a blog post to get the code up and running [2]
>
> I would like to contribute/Improve the new transport to Axis2/Synapse. How
> should I proceed.
> appreciate your feedback.

This can be a good addition to Axis2 transport module. I'm not quite sure
about EPL ( which used by the Eclipse Paho) is compatible with Apache if
there is no issue then you can contribute your codes to Axis2 project.
Please create a JIRA and attach your SVN patch against current trunk. One
thing I noticed is you have to provide more test cases for this transport
implementation.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga