axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Gihan Madushanka <gihang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring integration for Axis2
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:10:35 GMT
Hi Sagara,

Since I’m new to both Axis2 and Spring It took several days for me to
understand source codes available  as “axis2-spring-core” .  It would be
great if you can provide some feedback based on following items which I
completed so far.

1. I changed Axis2 version into “1.7.0-SNAPSHOT” from “SNAPSHOT” but
getting following build error when build with Maven. I'm not sure is it
related to my Maven installation.

T E S T S

Running
org.apache.axis2.spring.service.WebServiceAnnotationBeanPostProcessorTest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.694 sec
<<< FAILURE!

test(org.apache.axis2.spring.service.WebServiceAnnotationBeanPostProcessorTest)
 Time elapsed: 1.662 sec  <<< FAILURE!

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null

   at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)

   at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)

   at
org.apache.axis2.spring.service.WebServiceAnnotationBeanPostProcessorTest.test(WebServiceAnnotationBeanPostProcessorTest.java:35)

Running org.apache.axis2.spring.cfgctx.MultiConfigurationTest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.241 sec

Results :

Failed tests:

 WebServiceAnnotationBeanPostProcessorTest.test:35 null

2. I managed to execute WeatherServiceRunner class and got the WSDL (Link -
http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/WeatherSpringService?wsdl) but when I
call the web service as a REST service I got following exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:193)

   at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:431)

   at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:43)

   at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:106)

   at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:169)

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.util.RESTUtil.invokeAxisEngine(RESTUtil.java:242)

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.util.RESTUtil.processURLRequest(RESTUtil.java:184)

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPWorker.service(HTTPWorker.java:276)

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.doService(AxisHttpService.java:281)

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.handleRequest(AxisHttpService.java:187)

   at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.HttpServiceProcessor.run(HttpServiceProcessor.java:82)

   at

   at

   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I  appreciate if you can help me to fix above issues.

Regards,

Gihan

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Gihan Madushanka <gihangsoc@gmail.com>wrote:

> *
>
> HI Sagara,
>
> First of all thanks a lot for your quick response, details you provided
> are really valuable to me. I will study and try to test the new code base
> you provided in your mail.  As you informed I have created a jira here
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5510 please kind enough to
> check it and correct any mistake. *
>
> Regards,
>

> Gihan
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Sagara Gunathunga <
> sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Gihan Madushanka <gihangsoc@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>

>>> I'm Gihan Madushanka  an undergraduate and planning to participate GSoC
>>> 2013 program. I'm planning to develop a new Spring integration project for
>>> Axis2 based on two 3rd party projects called  WSO2 WSF-Spring and Axis2M.
>>> In present both the above projects seem not active also I noticed that
>>> there were few discussions happened on Axis2 developer mailing list time to
>>> time but didn't make continuous progress.
>>>

>>   This idea still on my TO-Do list for a long time. I'm definitely happy
>> to see this project as a Axis2 module and probably I can be a mentor too.
>>

>>>  I have studied  Axis2M code base up to some extend and managed to run
>>> samples mentioned here http://axis2m.sourceforge.net/spring.htmlfurther I'm planning
to start my initial tasks around this code base. I