axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Using Rampart to send a proxy certificate and sign using a symmetric key
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:32:42 GMT

From: fire_storm5002@hotmail.com
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: Using Rampart to send a proxy certificate and sign using a symmetric key
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:59:15 +0000

Hi

I have a bit of a unique situation, I am writing an Axis2 client and have to follow a certain
procedure. I would like to use Rampart to do the following,

1- I have a proxy certificate issued by a server for me, this certificate has my username
and the server's public key, I would like to have rampart to send this certificate.
MG>A certificate is generally used by Browsers for verifiying you are who you are and you
wish to communicate to server with these specific credentials

As far as I know, the samples only show how to have rampart use a certificate from a key store
MG>from the trust-store called cacerts

is there another way to do it?
MG>First step is to get the cert working to validate you to the external interface

MG>Second step is to setup a SSLv2 or SSLv3 session (using some known transport) to the
server

2- I would like Rampart to sign the request using a Symmetric key. As far as I know, rampart
takes the key from a key store but I am not sure how to ask it to sign the request using this
key and such

The samples didn't help much with this and I am not sure where to find more information
Any help is greatly appreciated

MG>Read this cover to cover
http://download.java.net/jdk8/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html

Thanks