axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From David R Robison <drrobi...@openroadsconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Using a web service where not all calls require security
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:48:10 GMT
Is there a way to tell which modules have been engaged? For example, if
I disable the rampart module I then want to re-engage it if it was
previously engaged. David

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

On 3/5/2013 11:12 AM, Ruchith Fernando wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> You can set up your Axis2 client that makes the call to the service
> engage rampart at the point of calling.
>
> It seems that maybe you have rampart engaged using the axis2.xml using
> the entry < module ref="rampart" /> .
> Instead you can remove this entry and (if you are using generated code) do :
>
> //Engage rampart
> your_stub_instance._getServiceClient().engageModule("rampart");
>
> //Make the call to operation() of the server
> your_stub_instance.operation();
>
> If you are reusing the same stub to call a different operation you
> should be able to do disengageModule() [1] before the call.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruchith
>
> 1. http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/api/org/apache/axis2/client/ServiceClient.html#disengageModule(java.lang.String)
>
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM, David R Robison
> <drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com> wrote:
>> I am using Axis2 with Rampart to communicate with a digital cameras
>> supporting the ONVIF protocol which is a SOAP protocol. The camera
>> manufacturer has designed their interface so that not all camera calls
>> require authentication. For example, getting the system date/time does
>> not require authentication while setting the system date/time does. I
>> have setup my SOAP proxy with Rampart but when I call one of the
>> functions that does not require authentication my call fails because the
>> camera does not return the WS-Security reply. Is there a way to setup
>> Rampart to work where some calls will require authentication and some
>> will not or will I have to setup two proxies, one with Rampart and one
>> without?
>>
>> Thanks, David
>>
>> --
>>
>> David R Robison
>> Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
>> 103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
>> phone: (757) 546-3401
>> e-mail: drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com
>> web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
>> blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
>> book:
>> http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526
>>

>> This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or
privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.