axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rampart: Removing deprecated basic configuration
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:52:27 GMT
Ruchith,

I'm in favor of eliminating the basic configuration. However, as you
have noticed, there were test cases using that configuration. From
what I see they not only test the configuration mechanism as such, but
also the underlying features. You simply removed them with the
following commit comment:

"Excluded the Rahas tests from the integration tests to update them to
work with policy configuration."

That doesn't make sense. One doesn't update test cases to use a
different configuration mechanism by simply removing them. The net
result of this is a reduction in code coverage primarily for the Rahas
module, as shown by the following coverage reports:

http://people.apache.org/~veithen/jacoco-r1441297/
http://people.apache.org/~veithen/jacoco-r1441298/

Considering that the code coverage is already quite low, I think that
this is not acceptable. Can you please ASAP propose something to
restore the code coverage?

Andreas