axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Reinhold" <>
Subject WS-Addressing and the mustUnderstand attribute
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:47:03 GMT
Dear Sagara Gunathunga ,

I see you have been INCREDABLY busy today fixing and resolving bugs. If you get a chance might
you take a look at bug 5431? This bug concerns WS-Addressing and the mustUnderstand attribute.
The standard is not 100% clear on the exact behavior but this is how I understand it.

1. The client sends out a request with some WS-Addressing header elements containing the mustUnderstand
attribute set to true (or 1)
2. The request (for success) shall contain the matching  header elements with the mustUnderstand
attribute set to true.
3. Not all WS-addressing headers need to contain the mustUnderstand attribute

The behavior I get is that the response contains no mustUnderstand attributes at all. Looking
at the code I put in something which I believe is correct but I am not 100% sure. In the addressing
module I check the incoming message for the mustUnderstand attribute and set a parameter that
the kernel later uses to set these attributes in the response. I notice here that the mustUnderstand
attribute is treated globably; if one header is has the attribute, all headers are assumed
to have the attribute. At least this approach gives me the mustUnderstand attribute in the

Brian Reinhold

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message