axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Longsine, Pohl" <Pohl_Longs...@gallup.com>
Subject Re: rampart 1.6.2 pom referencing broken Shibboleth repository
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:36:03 GMT
Looks like the last time Jenkins built rampart (5 days, 21 hours ago) it included a change
that was supposed to address this.

Does this mean I need to wait for a 1.6.3 to be cut?

https://builds.apache.org/job/Rampart/lastBuild/changes
https://builds.apache.org/job/Rampart/

From: <Longsine>, Gallup Gallup <pohl_longsine@gallup.com<mailto:pohl_longsine@gallup.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:49 PM
To: "java-dev@axis.apache.org<mailto:java-dev@axis.apache.org>" <java-dev@axis.apache.org<mailto:java-dev@axis.apache.org>>
Subject: rampart 1.6.2 pom referencing broken Shibboleth repository

Hello all, I am having a build problem with my projects, and I believe that I have traced
the problem to the following in the rampart pom:

<repositories>
<repository>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
<checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
<checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
</snapshots>
<id>open-saml</id>
<name>OpenSAML</name>
<url>http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/maven2/</url>
</repository>
</repositories>

If you hit the above URL with your browser, you will see that this repository has been moved
by their system administrator:

> The material has moved to a new home hosted by the Shibboleth Consortium.
> Click here to be redirected.

When maven attempts to download a jar from this repository, it apparently gets the 404 HTML
page and writes it to disk in my ~/.m2/repositories cache using the *.jar file extension.

Ultimately, this causes my build to fail when maven tries to unzip this "jar" and discovers
that it doesn't conform to the zip file format (because, after all, no HTML does):

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
(default-compile) on project g-org: Compilation failure
[ERROR] error: error reading /Users/pohl_longsine/.m2/repository/org/apache/xalan/xalan/2.7.1/xalan-2.7.1.jar;
cannot read zip file

orflongpmac:g pohl_longsine$ file /Users/pohl_longsine/.m2/repository/org/apache/xalan/xalan/2.7.1/xalan-2.7.1.jar
/Users/pohl_longsine/.m2/repository/org/apache/xalan/xalan/2.7.1/xalan-2.7.1.jar: HTML document
text

orflongpmac:g pohl_longsine$ cat /Users/pohl_longsine/.m2/repository/org/apache/xalan/xalan/2.7.1/xalan-2.7.1.jar
| grep moved
<title>Internet2 Shibboleth Project has moved</title>
<h3 align="center">The material has moved to a new home hosted by the Shibboleth Consortium.
</h3>

Am I correct in my assessment that your pom needs to be fixed?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments, if any, may contain confidential
and privileged material and are intended only for the person or entity to which the message
is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, disclosure, or copying of this information is unauthorized and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.