axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Morehouse II <d...@sevenventures.net>
Subject Problems with download.cgi on Axis website
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:10:57 GMT
Everyone - I'm currently unable to download Axis2 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
because the download.cgi page is not working properly.  This currently affects
any Axis webpage that links to the download.cgi.  This issue looks to
only affect
your build server as
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/download.cgi works fine.

Steps to reproduce:

* Browse to https://builds.apache.org/job/Axis2/site/docs/installationguide.html
* Click on any of the Download links or Downloads/Release (top left) -
https://builds.apache.org/job/Axis2/site/download.cgi

Actual Results
My computer downloads a binary file named download.cgi which contains
the contents of the download.cgi shell script.

Expected Results
The web server should execute the download.cgi script and render an HTML page.

Possible Causes (pure conjecture on my part)
This looks like perhaps a UNIX permissions issue (missing execute bit
chmod +x) or a configuration issue in the Apache HTTP Server, I'm
really guessing that's the server you guys use ;-)

Let me know if you have any questions about this issue or if I can
help reproduce/validate in any way.

Dave