axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2012] XML to JSON convention using XMLStreamWriter API and Schemas with google-gson
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 07:57:20 GMT
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Sagara Gunathunga <
sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka
> <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > As Amila(Project mentor) suggested in previous thread[0] , I have
> > implemented
> > XMLStreamWriter API to use schema of the processing xml and gson together
> > to convert XML ---> JSON. I have made my progress up to support xml which
> > don't have complex type elements with maxOccur >1,  but may have simple
> > type elements with maxOccur >=1 . That means In the JSON point of view,
> my
> > present implementation supports XML --> JSON where there is not any JSON
> > Arrays which has JSON objects in the converted JSON String.
> >
> > Here is a summary of the implementation.
> >
> > GsonXmlStreamWriter which implements XMLStreamWriter has a constructor
> > to get JsonWriter and XmlSchema object. Then it process XmlSchema and
>
> Are you plan to process  XmlSchema object with every response ? If so
> processing  XmlSchema object will add some overhead and result into
> performance.  Axis2 already has JSON support main objective of this
> project is to provide a high performance JSON implementation,
> processing  XmlSchema object with every response does not help to meet
> your expectations. Instead I suggest to process  XmlSchema object only
> one-time during the deployment after the AxisService creation and
> store result of  XmlSchema processing  with AxisService object as  a
> light-weight object ( Let's say a map)   and use this light weight map
> with response. In this approach overhead if relatively low.

This is a POC level approach to convert xml stream to json using xml
schema. For an example there are some techniques like
bagger fish and others to address this problem. But those things
complicated the produced json stream.

Once it proves at the POC level we can think of improving performance.

If you look at the current axis2 json support does that properly address
the problem shameera mentioned earlier? i.e serialising the
array elements when there is on element. And also can that be used with
some thing like ADB or WSO2 Data Services,rules etc..
Idea here to develop a technique to address those problems properly while
converting an xml stream to json stream.

thanks,
Amila.