axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernando Cesar da Silva" <>
Subject Proxy authentication failure on Axis 1.6.1
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:26:28 GMT

We are experiencing serious problems trying to authenticate Axis 1.6.1 in a
NTLM Proxy Server.

We are using the parameters below, these parameters works as expected in an
application with Axis 1.5.1 (looking at the trace route I see the packages
going through the Proxy) and doesn't work in the same application with Axis
1.6.1. (looking at the trace route I see that the packages never reach the

<transportSender name="https"

    <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>

                <parameter name="PROXY" proxy_host="proxy"

                <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>

  <!-- Parameters -->

  <parameter name="Proxy">

Our suspicion is that these parameters are not being read properly. The
axis2.xml is under WAR_FILE/WEB-INF/conf/. Is this the proper location? Is
there something wrong with the parameters?

Any clue will be helpful.

Fernando Cesar.

View raw message