axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Rampart 1.6.2 and Sandesha 1.6.2
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 05:31:28 GMT
This vote has been open for more than 72 hours and results are as follows.

1. Apache Sandesha2  1.6.2
=============================

Andreas found a build issue on source distribution and it seems this issue
exists on previous releases also. I will drop the current Sandesha2
release, will fix the issue [1] and will start it again.

2. Apache Rampart  1.6.2
=============================

There are three +1 binding votes ( Ruchith, Andreas and myself) and there
is one -1 vote (Ruwan). According to following given explanation I don't
think it required to block the current release due the miner issue pointed
out by Ruwan. Based on Apache package release process [2] we have three +1
binding votes and  +1 votes have majority approval[3] hence I will proceed
with the release.

 According to Ruwan's quote from ALv2 , NOTICE and LICENSE file *must*
be included
in the same directory but it says  *try* to add the LICENSE file first in
order to place it at the top of the archive" here it is not a must thing
instead recommendation hence I don't think it's requited to block current
release due to this issue. Further, I have noticed same issue within most
of the older Rampart releases as well. Any how since we have identified
this issue I will fix this for next release. I already created JIRA issue
for this [4] and thanks Ruwan for pointing out this issue.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDESHA2-212
[2] - http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
[3] - http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#MajorityApproval
[4] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-367