axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Pulasthi Supun Wickramasinghe <pulasthi...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC: Improve JSON implementation in Axis2 to support a JSON binding
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 09:22:51 GMT
Hi Devs

I'm interested in participating for GSoC 2012 with Axis2. I would like to
know your ideas about this idea as a GSoC project.

Axis2 currently support to enable and disable REST and SOAP 1.2 bindings. I
hope to introduce JSON specific binding as in [1]. The main objectives of
this project will be the following.

1.Introduce new parameter in axis2.xml to enable disable JSON binding . at
the moment we hace such parameter to enable disable REST/SOAP 1.2
2.When JSON binding is enabled generate WSDL binding and port for JSON
3.Add client side / server side code generation based on above WSDL JSON
binding

I am aware of another GSoC proposal [2]. To my understanding [2] is
a different project with a different scope. I would like to know if this a
good idea as a GSoC project and if so it would be great if i can get some
pointer on what to look at to proceed with the idea

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4997
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5270

--
Pulasthi Supun