axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improve Json support with Axis2 using google-gson java library
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:25:09 GMT
Hi devs,

As we discussed in this thread previously there are two ways we can add
this json implementation to axis2 .
1. First one is get the inputstream and use gson to create java beans and
use hava reflection to invoke method. In this scenario we assume it uses
requiest url base dispatching and we know service and operation at this
stage when it come to particular Message Receiver .

2. Second one is build this json string the way we can integrate with
existing Architecture. Create an XMLStreamReader implementation with gson
reader or  construct a SOAPEnvelope that builds that representation lazily
(using the OMSourcedElement/OMDataSource API). I don't know the different
of these two, need to clarify more about this scenario.

I did some background search and referred some code parts in Axis2. As i
have been in touch with Axis2 project it was easy to understand the basic
things, therefore i implemented the first part which i have mentioned above
as a way of being prepared for GSoC 2012 in the coming months. However this
is not the final work in that first part, but is the progress i have made
so far with the project.

I have attached my implementation as a patch for current trunk.
For testing purposes i have attached a simple service and client which send
http post request to sample service(Sample service attached with this
reply) post request has required json string as a request entity.

Feedbacks are appreciate as it would help me a lot in presenting my final
proposal for the project :)

Attachments

1.* json-iml.patch*   --> my implementation patch for current trunk
2. *JsonImlTest.aar*  --> sample service to deploy in axis2
3. *SimpleJsonClient.java* --> simple code which send a request to
 JsonService( in JsonImlTest) using http post method
4.* axis2_json.xml*  --> modified configuration file, i have added my json
formatter and builder under the application/json-iml content type, Yes we
can decide a good content type later this is only for testing purpose.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
> shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <
>> amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Another option is to write an xmlstream reader/writer implementation to
>>> parse the json stream. And provide that xml stream implementation to Axiom.
>>>
>>> This model works with other data bindings such as ADB as well.
>>>

>> If we use xmlstream reader/writer to parse the json stream. How it works
>> with ADB ?
>>

> ADB I mean the ADB generated code. Which only uses the xmlstream API
> instead of Axiom. Anyway Axiom is also written on top of xmlstream layer.
> So if we can create a json type implementation for xmlstreams that will
> work with any axis2 instance.
>

>> as i know ADB needs xml representation of all elements to process i.e ADB
>> create complex and simple types of relevant xml representation of the
>> request, and process the request. But here we only have wrapped xml
>> elements. Should i implement ADB to use with json?
>>

>>> thanks,
>>> Amila.

QName

XML