axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Lior Wehrli <lior.weh...@adnovum.ch>
Subject Re: NullPointerException when executing XPath expression on DOM Tree in Provider<SOAPMessage>
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:24:47 GMT
Hi there,

Is there any chance that anybody could have a look at this issue? Or
could you guys open a JIRA ticket for it? Please react

Thanks,

Lior

On 03/06/12 08:11, Lior Wehrli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the fourth time I am sending this email to an axis2 mail list.
> So far I did not receive a reply. Is this the wrong list? Should I
> open a JIRA ticket? What am I doing wrong?
>
> Please, can somebody have a look at this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lior
>

> On 03/02/12 13:30, Lior Wehrli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have implemented a JAX-WS service using the Provider<SOAPMessage>
>> interface. I would like to extract elements from the SOAP request
>> using XPath. But when I execute the XPathExpression on the SOAPPart
>> of the message, I get this ugly NullPointerException. I assume that,
>> since SOAPPart implements a DOM Document, this should work.
>>
>> Here is an extract of my code:
>>
>> public SOAPMessage invoke(SOAPMessage message) {
>>     XPathFactory factory = XPathFactory.newInstance();
>>     XPath xpathBuilder = factory.newXPath();
>>     XPathExpression xpath =
>> xpathBuilder.compile("//OnBehalfOf/UsernameToken/Username/text()");
>>     Node node = (Node) xpath.evaluate(message.getSOAPPart(),
>> XPathConstants.NODE);
>> }
>>
>> The exception:
>>
>> Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Unknown error in
>> XPath.
>>     at org.apache.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:363)
>>     at org.apache.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:301)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.eval(XPathExpressionImpl.java:123)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.eval(XPathExpressionImpl.java:97)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.evaluate(XPathExpressionImpl.java:178)
>>     ... 38 more
>>     at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.nextNode(DOM2DTM.java:387)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBase._nextsib(DTMDefaultBase.java:563)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBase.getNextSibling(DTMDefaultBase.java:1140)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseTraversers$ChildTraverser.next(DTMDefaultBaseTraversers.java:461)
>>     at org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.getNextNode(AxesWalker.java:333)
>>     at org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.nextNode(AxesWalker.java:361)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xpath.axes.WalkingIterator.nextNode(WalkingIterator.java:192)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xpath.axes.NodeSequence.nextNode(NodeSequence.java:281)
>>     at org.apache.xpath.axes.NodeSequence.runTo(NodeSequence.java:435)
>>     at org.apache.xpath.axes.NodeSequence.setRoot(NodeSequence.java:218)
>>     at
>> org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.execute(LocPathIterator.java:210)
>>     at org.apache.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:335)
>>
>> I use Axis2 1.6.1 and JBoss 5

> [...]

AdNovum Informatik AG
Lior Wehrli, Senior Software Engineer
MSc Computer Science ETH

Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zurich
mailto:lior.wehrli@adnovum.ch
phone: +41 44 272 6111, fax: +41 44 272 6312
http://www.adnovum.ch

AdNovum Offices: Bern, Budapest, Singapore, Zurich (HQ)