axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC 2012
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 08:25:37 GMT
This is a generic answer for the benefit of those who wish to do Axis2
related GSoC projects. Axis2 project highly welcome your GSoC efforts and
we have mentors and people to help/guide you. Following are some of the
tips that can be helpful to find a idea for your project.

1.) It always a good idea and get great attention if you can propose a new
feature or modification yourself. By referring user/dev list, JIRA project
[1], studding other frameworks, reading related specs you can  find some
new ideas. Once you have a new idea don't hesitate to discuss it on this
list so that you can collect more inputs from community.

2.) I just crated a JIRA filter here[1]  with some GSoC ideas and will add
more ideas. You can pick up one of them and start a discussion here to get
more details and helps.

3.) If non of above tips fix with you then go through the JIRA[1] and
select group of issues that you like to work on. If you pick enough issues
we can make them into a GSoC project. Number of issue for a project may
vary depend on nature and scope of your selected issue.

With my previous experience this is the best time to start your GSoC
projects. You can start your work by fixing some simple issues [1] ,
participating to discussions on dev list and providing answers to user
questions on user list etc. Since community play significant role in GSoC
above actions definitely add some plus point to your account and helpful to
get selected your proposal.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2
[2] -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12318960