axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving JAX-WS Performance
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 23:31:49 GMT
I profiled a complex JAX-WS web service (refer the attachment) it seems 45%
of time taken for JAXB unmarshalling  while another 28.9% of time taken for
message.getBodyBlockQNames() that eventually build the message through
AXIOM. I experimented hard coding some of the value calculation to avoid
this message building but what I realized is it's not a single place JAX-WS
build this message instead when i avoid message building in a one place it
build the message in a later stage.

I can't realize why we have to build the message instead of passing it to
JAXB Unmarshaller without building the message.

For me this seems like a extra cost , can any one explain the rational
behind this idea ?  or can't we git rid of this message building.

Thanks !