axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Making Axis2 more user friendly - client side
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:22:50 GMT
Guys,

I was closely looked at some of the emails in axis user list and found
that users are facing issue when setting up Axis2 at the client side.
Specially finding the required jars for the core functionality as well
as modules such as security, reliability.  Thus, I think we should have
a separate distribution for the client side with all the required
stuffs, so that user can simply downloads it and uses it. In fact, this
is not new, we have discussed this a long time ago.

With this proposal, we will be creating a single jar file or an archive
file by putting all the relevant libraries to  run axis2 client and this
includes:
 - Axis2 core jars
 - Axis2 third party jars
 - Addressing module (as a jar)
 - Rampart module and related jars
 - Sandesha module and related jars
 - Any other useful modules and libraries

With this approach, user downloads a single file and that has everything
he needs to run axis2. He can simply turn on/off modules (addressing,
security) without having any troubles?

Thoughts ....

Deepal