axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Malinga <sup...@wso2.com>
Subject Support for exposing ejb 3.x as web-services
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 01:03:23 GMT
Hi folks,

axis2 supports exposing ejb2 components as web-services. Refer [1]. This is
handles via extending Message receiver to look-up jndi contexts and handle
invocations.
For eg: org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBInOnlyMessageReceiver
            org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBMessageReceiver

Currently this implementation works with ejb 2.0.
Since ejb 3.x has changed lot(from architectural level) since ejb2 this
implementation is not usable with ejb 3. I'm working on improving it to
support ejb 3.0.
But we may have to move away from support for ejb2 while doing this. As ejb
2 is a pretty old standard [2] and ejb 3 is widely used.
I'am still working to come up with a implementation for this.

Ideas, comments are much appreciated.

[1] http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/ejb-provider.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_JavaBean#Version_history

thanks,