axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Himakar Chennapragada <hima...@us.ibm.com>
Subject how to avoid CLOSE_WAITs without the use of the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT option?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:43:02 GMT
Is there a way to prevent/avoid or minimize the CLOSE_WAITs from happening
when we DO NOT use the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT option on the ServiceClient
interface.

We have multiple threads calling out to same or different web services. We
use a new ServiceClient for each invocation to an external web service
(same or different service) without the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT option and that
produces multiple CLOSE_WAITs that seem to grow over time.  We do
understand that using the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT option helps in this area but
we want to explore other ways without using this option if any.

Best Regards,
-Himakar