axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non blocking with two channel is broken
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 03:23:16 GMT
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Amila Suriarachchi
<amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Amila, You might not remember the two transport functionality since
>> this was done a long time ago, and in fact those days you were
>> contributing the ADB and code generation. Actually, the long running
>> services idea was initially developed based on the two transport
>> semantics.
>>
>> The correct way to handle two transport or any request with replyTo
>> (not anonymous), is to send the ACK on the request transport and send
>> the reply through the reply to address. So, we had this feature and I
>> have used and demoed this feature a number of times in various
>> conferences.
>
> This is exactly what happens when you set that parameter and when the server
> receives an message with replyTo header.

I agree, but two different scenario, in the long running case service
author knows about it and he sets the parameter. In the two transport
case, client does not aware of anything but he need to get the
response using different transport.

Thanks,
Deepal

http://blogs.deepal.org