axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non blocking with two channel is broken
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:58:33 GMT
Amila, You might not remember the two transport functionality since
this was done a long time ago, and in fact those days you were
contributing the ADB and code generation. Actually, the long running
services idea was initially developed based on the two transport
semantics.

The correct way to handle two transport or any request with replyTo
(not anonymous), is to send the ACK on the request transport and send
the reply through the reply to address. So, we had this feature and I
have used and demoed this feature a number of times in various
conferences.

I sent this email to mailing list to see whether someone has removed
the source code as part of some discussion, because I am sure I have
missed some long discussion after 2008. Now, it is sure that this
feature was not removed intentionally. So I will fix it correctly.

With my academic work I hardly find time to go through the mailing
list and try to respond as much as I can. So going through commit
messages is not a practical solution for me (though I spent two hours
doing that). In fact I am not actively looking at Axis2 code base
since 2008, so it is hard for me to navigate all those changes.

Thanks all of you for the actively participation, I will implement
this feature correctly (of course when I find a free time).

Thanks,
Deepal

http://blogs.deepal.org