axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Sullivan <not...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Having trouble interfacing with WCF
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:57:54 GMT
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Hasini Gunasinghe <hasi7786@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> Since you've generated stubs from a security policy annotated wsdl, you do
> not need to load the security policy from file in the client side.
>
> But you need to set the rampart specific configurations in the client side.
> The article that I pointed in my previous mail describes how to do it
> programetically in the client side. The article at [1] also discusses the
> same.
> You can find a list of such rampart configurations from [2].
>
> The above null pointer exceptions might have occurred due to not setting
> required rampart configurations (like keystore details, encyptionUser,
> userCertAlias etc..) for the relevant security scenarios, in the client
> side.
>
> [1] http://blog.thilinamb.com/2009/12/how-to-build-rampart-config.html
> [2] http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/rampart/rampartconfig-guide.html
>
> Thanks,
> Hasini.

For [1]:

First of all, I have no idea what options to set here...are the merlinProp
Properties there to supply a client-side certificate? (and thus not
necessary if I'm doing a UserName token sort of thing?)  I think it's
confusing that there's both a setUser(..) and setEncryptionUser(..); not
sure if I should just put the same thing in both places...then, after that,
it's not clear if this will override my options.setUserName(..) setting.
And what's the deal with the password callback? Can't we just supply a
password as a string without requiring a callback?

I tried it anyway, but here's where I get stuck:

   1. StAXOMBuilder builder = new StAXOMBuilder("path/to/policy");
   2.
   Policy policy = PolicyEngine.getPolicy(builder.getDocumentElement());
   3. policy.addAssertion(rc);

I don't have a "path/to/policy", remember it's generated, so I'm stuck on
this.

Thanks for the help! I don't mean to be a stickler or anything, I honestly
want to understand this all and there's just a bunch of things that haven't
been cleared up yet for me.
--
Jay Sullivan