axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject Saaj version compatibility question
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:44:47 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Wright Karl (Nokia-S/Boston)
Sent:  20/07/2011, 12:20  PM
To: java-dev@apache.axis.org
Subject: Saaj version compatibility question

I hope I have the right list.

I’m a principal developer of Apache ManifoldCF.  We have two connectors which depend on
Apache Axis 1.4.  Thus, they include a saaj.jar which came from Axis but whose etiology I
do not know.  We’ve received a new connector which includes a dependency on a slightly different
saaj jar – this one from Sun, apparently based on the 1.3 version of the specification.
 This seems to be a newer jar than the Axis-provided one.

My question is, since we cannot use both of these at the same time, is there any reason why
I should not replace the Axis saaj jar with the newer sun jar?  Would this have any chance
of breaking Axis?

Thanks!
Karl

This message has been classified as Company Confidential by Wright Karl (Nokia-S/Boston)