axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Sullivan <>
Subject Trouble interfacing with WCF
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:33:46 GMT

I have a few WCF Web Services set up, and I've been trying to connect to
them with Java web service clients.  So far, I've only been able to get it
to work with basic HTTP (basicHttpBinding, in WCF terminology).  I can't
convince any clients to connect using HTTPS (wsHttpBinding with transport
security), or Window Authentication (wsHttpBinding with windows security)

In these past few months I've been attempting to securely connect to a WCF
web service. For now I'm focusing on getting the HTTPS to work, as I assume
Windows Security is less supported by Java. I've slowly tried to claw my way
into getting something to work, but have been consistently disappointed.  I
tried using NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and command line Axis2 tools.
Eclipse (and the Axis2 Code Generator plugin) runs into obscure errors and I
can't get it to work (see
NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, and command line Axis2 all run into a
"MustUnderstand headers not understood" error (something about http:// not being understood: see

Has anyone been in a similar situation and found success? I need to get this
done for my job but I'm starting to feel that it's hopeless since I can't
make any progress.  Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jay Sullivan

View raw message