axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Trouble interfacing with WCF
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:41:46 GMT

Hi Jay-
The Axis solution is to configure public and private keystores..create a cert with public
key and engage Rampart (Security) Module to Axis
http://wso2.org/library/3190

Let me know if you need any guidance..i've done this about a hundred times
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:33:46 -0400
Subject: Trouble interfacing with WCF
From: notfed@gmail.com
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org

Hi,

I have a few WCF Web Services set up, and I've been trying to connect to them with Java web
service clients.  So far, I've only been able to get it to work with basic HTTP (basicHttpBinding,
in WCF terminology).  I can't convince any clients to connect using HTTPS (wsHttpBinding with
transport security), or Window Authentication (wsHttpBinding with windows security)

In these past few months I've been attempting to securely connect to a WCF web service. For
now I'm focusing on getting the HTTPS to work, as I assume Windows Security is less supported
by Java. I've slowly tried to claw my way into getting something to work, but have been consistently
disappointed.  I tried using NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and command line Axis2 tools.
 Eclipse (and the Axis2 Code Generator plugin) runs into obscure errors and I can't get it
to work (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6782782/how-to-create-an-axis2-web-service-client-in-eclipse).
 NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, and command line Axis2 all run into a "MustUnderstand headers not
understood" error (something about http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing not being understood:
see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6685164/wcf-web-service-java-web-client-mustunderstand-headers-not-understood).

Has anyone been in a similar situation and found success? I need to get this done for my job
but I'm starting to feel that it's hopeless since I can't make any progress.  Any information
or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jay Sullivan