axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][TRANSPORT] Release Axis2 Transport -1.6.0
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 02:07:52 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com>wrote:

> Personally, my point of view has always been that instead of trying to
> push last minute changes into a release, we should focus on improving
> the release process (and apply best practices for branch management)
> so that we can produce maintenance releases more often.

+1. Release often is a good strategy. Last minute changes are always a
headache.

As part of the release process, the first step should be that, if there are
patches, we should at least apply those and resolve those issues. A patch
available means that, someone spent some time looking into the issue and
figured out a solution. So more often than not, we can trust the solution,
little bit of testing would prove if the fixes are right, and we should
solve those as the first issues for a release.
That was the strategy followed for the Rqampart release we did earlier this
year.

Samisa...