axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1134494 - in /axis/axis2/java/core/site: ./ api/ api/org/apache/axis2/ api/org/apache/axis2/addressing/ api/org/apache/axis2/addressing/class-use/ api/org/apache/axis2/addressing/i18n/ api/org/apache/axis2/addressing/i18n/class-use/
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 10:11:22 GMT
On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 07:08, Sagara Gunathunga
<sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:27 AM,  <veithen@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: veithen
>> Date: Sat Jun 11 00:53:26 2011
>> New Revision: 1134494

>> Log:
>> Regenerated the Axis2 1.6.0 site to fix broken links caused by a Javadoc bug
>
> Can you elaborate more about this bug and how did you solve it ?

Yes. Here is a sample svn diff of a fixed link:

 &nbsp;PREV&nbsp;
 &nbsp;NEXT</FONT></TD>
 <TD BGCOLOR="white" CLASS="NavBarCell2"><FONT SIZE="-2">
-  <A HREF="../../../../../../index.html?org/apache/axis2/context/externalize//class-useDebugObjectOutputStream.html"
target="_top"><B>FRAMES</B></A>  &nbsp;
+  <A HREF="../../../../../../index.html?org/apache/axis2/context/externalize/class-use/DebugObjectOutputStream.html"
target="_top"><B>FRAMES</B></A>  &nbsp;
 &nbsp;<A HREF="DebugObjectOutputStream.html" target="_top"><B>NO
FRAMES</B></A>  &nbsp;
 &nbsp;<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
   <!--

To get to that broken link, navigate to the Javadoc of a class, then
click "Use" and then click "FRAMES". Probably, very few people will
ever get to these broken links, but they are annoying when using tools
to detect broken links. E.g. I've set up Google Webmaster Tools for
the Axis2 site. That was very useful to set up the redirections when
migrating the site from Apache WS to the new TLP, because it also
reports broken links from third party sites.

Right now, the only way I've found to fix these links is using sed. On
Mac OS X (and probably other BSD variants):

for page in $(find . -name "*.html"); do sed -i ""
"s#//class-use#/class-use/#" $page; done

On Linux:

for page in $(find . -name "*.html"); do sed -i
"s#//class-use#/class-use/#" $page; done

>  and because some files were missing and old files have not been
> removed (mainly in the Javadoc).
>>

> You mean it is required to delete api directory and copy new one
> instead of merging ?

I use the syncsite.py script from Axiom for that. It automatically
issues the necessary svn add and svn remove commands. That is very
handy because it allows to review the added/removed files before
committing, so that one can detect issues with the site generation.
E.g. for the Rampart site, I think that this would have given a hint
that there is something wrong with the download.cgi scripts (which
where placed in the wrong location in the site sources).