axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sadeep Jayasumana <gayansad...@gmail.com>
Subject Listening to axis2 startup event
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:13:17 GMT
Hi Devs,

I have a requirement to write a listener class that will listen to axis2
startup event (similar to a ServletContextListener is Servlet API). This is
to create and initialize an object and then bind it the ConfigurationContext
as a property when axis2 starts up.

I got to learn that this can be done by using a DeploymentLifeCycleListener
in axis2. However, by going through axis2 code, I see that there can be only
one DeploymentLifeCycleListener registered in a given axis2.xml. If I use it
for my purpose, when nobody else will be able to write another startup
listener. Isn't this a limitation in axis2? Shouldn't there be a way to have
more than one DeploymentLifeCycleListener registered? (In Servlet API, we
can have more than one ServletContextListener in the same web.xml)

Thanks,
--
Sadeep Jayasumana