axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][TRANSPORT] Release Axis2 Transport -1.6.0
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 07:14:06 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly I'm not entirely on board with this release (not sure whether it
> matters since I'm not a committer). There's a number of open issues in the
> Axis2 transports project and some of them are crucial from the user
> perspective (eg: TRANSPORTS-1, TRANSPORTS-16, TRANSPORTS-33, TRANSPORTS-34).
> it doesn't sound correct to me to call a 1.6.0 release without fixing at
> least a reasonable number of these issues. So +0 from me.

We did the last Axis2 Transport release in 07 Dec 2009 and Axis2 1.5.1
was the latest Axis2 release at that time , after that there were 4
maintenance and 1 major Axis2 releases happened but users had to stuck
with  transport 1.0.0 release all the time. The main rational for this
release is to match
release version numbers as core Axis2 version numbers and also allow
users to use what ever the modification happened in the transport
trunk. At the moment HTTP and Local transport use Axis2 version
numbers and other transport modules use different version numbers .
Personally I think this behavior is not convenient  for users and need
to fix at least with 1.6.0 release.

I can agree with you about importance of those mentioned JIRA issues
but AFAIK no one actively working on those issues right now and we
cant predict any dates to solve these issues. I don't think we should
not delay this release further. What I like to do is once we have
resolve those issues push 1.6.1 release with other related projects
releases within a reasonable time frame.

Thanks !