Hi,
Since you have mentioned "However, if don't explicitly spell out wsdl2, that is if using http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/reservationService, I'll get the same error shown in the web page like this.", I believe the fault is in the service side and it has nothing to do with the stub your using.

suresh..