axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 Quick Start Guide for WSDL 2.0?
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 15:31:35 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Ping Liu <pingpinganan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like Axis2 QuickStart Guide
>
>         http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/quickstartguide.html
> (this is for WSDL 1.1)
>
> But does anybody know where and whether there is a similar guide for WSDL
> 2.0?
>
> In particular, I am trying to write a service client like ADB client
> (http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/quickstartguide.html#clientadb)
> but need to make it call the service that renders WSDL 2.0 instead of WSDL
> 1.1.

I don't think such guide exists also note that above mentioned quick
start guide is not specific for any WSDL version. In order to works
with WSDL 2.0 you need to add few options according to the tool you
used. In briefly following are the 3 use cases you need to add extra
options to works with WSDL 2.0.

1.)  Generate dynamic WSDL 2.0 document  form any given service -

Add "wsdl2" end of the WSDL request URL.
 e.g - http://localhost:8080/axis2/SimpleService?wsdl2

2.) Generate server side java codes from given WSDL 2.0 document
(contract first) or  generate client side java codes from any given
WSDL 2.0 document -

Add -wv 2.0 option to the WSDL2JAVA tool , WSDL2JAVA Maven plugin and
Ant Task also support for this option.

3.) Generate WSDL 2.0 documents from java artifacts -

Add -wv 2.0 option to the JAVA2WSDL tool

All of above options are mentioned in the relevant pages of user guide.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com