axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Transport release ?
Date Sun, 08 May 2011 20:13:43 GMT
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 20:22, Sagara Gunathunga
<sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> Recently we agreed to release Axis2 , Sandesha and Rampart
> simultaneously.  IMO it's better to release Axis2-transport also with
> above releases.
>
> In addition specially in users point of view it's better to match
> transport artifacts versions same as Axis2 version numbers. At the
> moment some transport artifacts ( local, http) follow Axis2 version
> numbers and others follow their own version numbers.
>
> WDYT ?
>
> May be in future release we can follow same version number for
> Sandesha and Rampart too.

Actually, that has already been approved; see [1] and subsequent
posts. However, in contrast to Sandesha2, the decision has not yet
been implemented for the transports (i.e. the trunk version has not
been changed to 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT, and no release branch exists yet).

[1] http://markmail.org/message/54zdcoapvqx3axbs