axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ping Liu <pingpinga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: How to write Web Service client for WSDL 2.0?
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 17:00:22 GMT
Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your response!

Could you help confirm this?  The two scenarios are

Scenario 1

      - use WSDL 1.1 document to generate code
      - generate
               both service side code including skeleton...
               and client side code including stub...
      - deploy the service to local Tomcat/Axis2
      - in browser,
               http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/xxxWSDL11?wsdl     =>
will display WSDL 1.1 definition of the service
               http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/xxxWSDL11?wsdl2     =>
will display WSDL 2.0 definition of the service

Scenario 2

      - use WSDL 2.0 document to generate code
      - generate
               both service side code including skeleton...
               and client side code including stub...
      - deploy the service to local Tomcat/Axis2
      - in browser,
               http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/xxxWSDL20?wsdl     =>
currently *failed *but SHOULD display WSDL 1.1 definition of the service
               http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/xxxWSDL20?wsdl2     =>
will display WSDL 2.0 definition of the service

Scenario 1 works for both ?wsdl and ?wsdl2 and a good example can be quoted
from Axis2 QuickStart Guide ADB based service and client.

Scenario 2 is what I am currently encountering when I try to verify my fix
to AXIS2-4170.  In this scenario, code is generated from WSDL 2.0 document.
?wsdl2 works fine.  But ?wsdl does not.  My question is: "Is ?wsdl supposed
to work as well?  Regardless whether 1.1 or 2.0 of WSDL document is used to
generate code, the resulted service should respond both ?wsdl and ?wsdl2
correctly?"

My guess is that perhaps service generated from WSDL 2.0 does not persist
backward support to WSDL 1.1.  If so, it will be a correct that ?wsdl gives
the error result.

Could you help answer my question and confirm my guess is wrong?

Thanks Suresh!

Ping