axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Atyam <aanilku...@gmail.com>
Subject MIME Headers - Parsing Issues- AXIS2
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 14:10:29 GMT
AXIS2 Committors-

It appears that there* may be* a bug in parsing MIME body parts. I have
downloaded the source code and included additional logging. Please see the
below details.

Brief History:
The first MIME header (Not Working) comes from ESB server which in turn
invoked a web service on IIS server (.net framework). JBOSS powered by AXIS2
--> ESB --> IIS
Second MIME Header (Working) comes directly from IIS server. JBOSS powered
by AXIS2 --> IIS (.net Framework)

I will be glad If you can confirm by running the first MIME header using the
tools you have to see if you can obtain the content type. There is NO
Commercial Product involved in this particular prototype scenario. I am
using AXIS2 downloaded from APACHE website along with source code.

I do not know If this is a bug in AXIS2 Parser *or *the content type must
not have been terminated by semi colon. Appreciate if you can comment
your expertise. *You can very well ignore this question if it is out of
scope from open source support.*

*NOT Working MIME Header* (Extra logging given in getPart() Method) - *Please
notice content-type is ending with semi-colon. I think the parser assuming
content-ID is part of content-type and hence part.getContentID() returned
NULL (highlighted in RED)*

[5/25/11 16:33:51:472 EDT] 00000029 Attachments   I   *** *getPart : return
part-> **part.getContentID(): null** part.getContentType():
application/xop+xml;charset=utf-8;type="text/xml";**Content-ID: <
0.634419380311847897@example.org> **part.toString():
org.apache.axiom.attachments.impl.PartOnMemoryEnhanced@443c443c*

* *

----MIMEBoundary634419380311847897

content-transfer-encoding: binary

*Working MIME Header* (Extra logging given in getPart() Method)

*[5/25/11 16:40:07:195 EDT] 00000029 Attachments   I   *** getPart : return
part-> **part.getContentID(): <0.634419384069456049@example.org>
**part.getContentType():
application/xop+xml; charset=utf-8; type="text/xml; charset=utf-8"
part.toString():
org.apache.axiom.attachments.impl.PartOnMemoryEnhanced@27f427f4*

* *

----MIMEBoundary634419384069456049