axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Lasantha Bandara <lasanthasridin...@gmail.com>
Subject An idea about apache axis2
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 05:09:03 GMT
Dear all;

I have an idea to improve user friendliness of Apache Axis2.

Microsoft IIS server provides a html interface to test web services when we
deploy a service in it. We do not need to generate stubs or write test codes
to test the service. Axis2 is not still having this feature. It gives just
the wsdl when we call its url through the browser.

WSO2, WSAS <http://wso2.com/products/application-server/> is an improved
server that has this facility to some extend. Still it doesn't provide
support for complex types.

I have an idea to implement a feature in Axis2 to test all web services with
a html interface, just through any web browser(because some browsers do not
show the wsdl file, ex:Google Chrome).

Can someone tell me whether it is suitable to carry out as a GSOC project in
this year.

Thank you.
--
*