axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Lasantha Bandara <lasanthasridin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An idea about apache axis2
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:21:16 GMT
Here are some Screenshots of UI that is provided by IIS server for testing
web services. First it shows a list of services with some descriptions about
Name Spaces, WSDL, RFC 2396 etc.

Then we can select the link that we want to be tested. Then it shows an html
form to enter input parameters and invoke web service. As well as there are
SOAP content and Http Post message.

When we invoke the web service with these values, it shows the result on the
browser in plain text. It can be improved, I think.

Then I made a complex type as Employee and made a service to get employee
data when the name of the employee is given.

This is the UI generated by the server to test it.

 Then the resulting data was shown on the browser directly as this (Name,
Age and Email address), with no description of the type of them. It’s better
if there were the names of output parameters before values.

So I suggest this type of mechanism to be added into axis2 as well in order
to improve the usability. Can someone tell me whether this idea is suitable
for Google Summer of Code 2011.

Thank you.

--
*