axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Prabath Siriwardana <prab...@wso2.com>
Subject Upgrading Rampart to support wss4j 1.6
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:24:13 GMT
Shall we start on the $subject..?

Thanks & regards,
-Prabath

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Subject: [ATTN] WSS4J 1.6-alpha distribution
To: dev@ws.apache.org, users@ws.apache.org

All,

I have created an "unofficial" WSS4J 1.6-alpha release. I was going to
call a vote and push it to Maven Central as an "alpha" release, but I
have decided to wait until the beta before doing this. The
distribution is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~coheigea/stage/wss4j/1.6.0-alpha/dist/

and the Maven artifacts are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~coheigea/stage/wss4j/1.6.0-alpha/maven/

Please download and play around with it etc. All the usual caveats
apply - it is an alpha version only, *not* suitable for production in
any way, and the APIs are subject to change. *Now* is your chance to
object to any changes that have been made, or to suggest alterations,
tweaks, etc.

The 1.6 release will *not* be backwards compatible with 1.5.x, and so
some work will be required for third-party projects to upgrade to
WSS4J 1.6. Rampart devs in particular should take note - please do not
raise objections in a months time when I call a vote, now is the time.
I've just merged a CXF branch that upgraded from WSS4J 1.5.x -> 1.6 to
trunk.

A rough timeline for this release is as follows:

11 Feb - alpha release
25 Feb - beta release
4 Mar - RC
11 Mar - Vote

91 issues have been closed or resolved for 1.6 (please see JIRA for
more details). 6 issues remain to be fixed at this point.

Colm.

Thanks & Regards,
Prabath

http://blog.facilelogin.com