axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 1.6 release plan
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 21:14:45 GMT
The trunk seems to build just fine with Neethi 2.0.4. This confirms
Dan's (and also my own) finding that there have been no significant
changes on the Neethi trunk since the last release.

On the other hand, Dan's recent changes broke integration with the
Axis2 trunk. Probably nobody noticed that because Dan also changed the
trunk version to 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT, but Axis2 still refers to
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Note that the Axis2 code that fails to compile looks
suspicious, so I'm not blaming Dan. We simply need to investigate what
the issue is.

My advice: create the Axis2 1.6 release branch and switch it back to
Neethi 2.0.4. At the same time, do the necessary fixes to make Axis2
trunk work with Neethi trunk again.

Andreas

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 08:02, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also the AXIOM release is in-flight and we better close of the complete
> cycle with compatible releases from all the related projects, which
> includes, Woden, Neethi, Axis2, Rampart, Sandesha2 and so forth.
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What I would suggest is to do the 1.6 release without the JAX-WS TCK
>> compatibility, if there are lot to be fixed. This is because we have enough
>> fixes on the trunk to do a release. May be we can target a major release
>> like 2.0 with the JAX-WS support completed with the TCK running without any
>> issues, and so forth.
>> I would say we need to do releases more frequently and with that model not
>> having JAX-WS TCK compatibility for this release is fine, compared to
>> delaying of delivering the already existing fixes to the users.
>> WDYT?
>> Ruwan
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
>> <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  When I run TCK for last time around half of  test cases were failed. I
>>> didn't make any configuration change or had no time to investigate about
>>> failing test cases , with some modifications we may  improve the pass rate.
>>> But I also believe it will take much more time to pass complete TCK.
>>>
>>> BTW recently I have added small  documentation to the TCK run script so
>>> that Axis2 devs can easily run it.
>>>
>>> Thanks !

be a

and also