axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting a services.xml for JAX-WS services
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:48:34 GMT
Before selecting the implementation approach, I think we need to
choose between the following two options to define what we want to
achieve:

A) Allow deployment of JAX-WS by the standard service deployer. Of
course this means that a new API needs to be introduced so that JAX-WS
can plug itself into the service deployer.

B) Introduce a separate deployer specifically for JAX-WS services
bundled with a services.xml file.

Option A has a couple of advantages [1] and the solution originally
proposed by me was based on that option (although my PoC uses option
B). I think that what Azeez proposes necessarily implies option B. I
don't now much about WSO2 Data Services, but I guess that they are not
just AAR files and require their own deployer anyway. Therefore, what
is a good option for Data Services is not necessarily the right option
for JAX-WS services.

Andreas

[1] http://markmail.org/message/jz5bpoybvylbzb6q