axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Allowing .jar files to be deployed as normal Axis2 services
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:53:08 GMT
I am +1 on removing, way to get good usability is to do what is
advertised, no more, no less.
--Srinath

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would not worry about having jar support since that does not break anything.
>
> Deepal
>
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Isuru Suriarachchi <isurues@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the current Axis2 trunk, even if I rename a .aar file in the
>> repository/services folder to .jar, it is getting deployed as a .aar file.
>> This happens because of the following code in the DeploymentFileData class.
>>
>> public static boolean isServiceArchiveFile(String filename) {
>>         return ((filename.endsWith(".jar")) | (filename.endsWith(".aar")));
>>     }
>>
>> So do we need to support .jar files as well? I can remember that we
>> supported JAX-WS services also in the "repository/services" folder before it
>> was moved into "servicejars". Is this code something left from that
>> implementation or is this intensional? Shouldn't we remove the support for
>> .jar extension?
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ~Isuru
>>
>> --
>> Technical Lead,
>> WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.org/
>> Blog : http://isurues.wordpress.com/
>>

> --
> http://blogs.deepal.org

Srinath Perera, Ph.D.
  Senior Software Architect, WSO2 Inc.
  Visiting Lecturer, University of Moratuwa
  Member, Apache Software Foundation
  Research Scientist, Lanka Software Foundation
  Blog: http://srinathsview.blogspot.com/