axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Creating Eclipse Features and a p2 repository for Axis2 Eclipse plugins
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 06:31:07 GMT
There are no other such plugins available to do the same thing in a generic
manner. I got my eye on Tycho [1] which is a project that is emerging to
support maven builds for eclipse projects but it is still in the incubation
stage.

Saminda

1. http://www.eclipse.org/tycho/

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 13:08, Harshana Eranga Martin
> <harshana05@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > On 23 January 2011 17:18, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't see any issue with using this plugin, but I'm more worried
> >> about using the WSO2 Maven repository. While preparing the Rampart
> >> release we discovered that this repository contains artifacts with the
> >> same groupId/artifactId/version as artifacts in Maven central, but
> >> with different content [1]. This is a potential source for build
> >> instabilities. For Rampart we solved that by removing the WSO2
> >> repository so that only artifacts from Maven central are used. I think
> >> that right now, none of the Axis2 projects use the WSO2 repository.
> >
> > Thanks for the explanation and I understand your concern here.
> > If we don't declare the WSO2 maven repository at the root pom level and
> > declare it only at the relevant module/sub module level, will maven still
> be
> > looking at WSO2 repository to resolve dependencies even outside of that
> > declared module/sub module? If not, there won't be any issues in using it
> > since I have declared it only at the newly added sub module level to
> resolve
> > the Carbon p2 maven plugin.
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Harshana
>
> The problem is that it is impossible to predict if it will break
> something and where the issue will surface. Yesterday I spent an hour
> debugging a failing unit test in CXF only to find out that the issue
> was caused by a pollution of my local Maven repository with an
> incorrect wsdl4j:wsdl4j:1.6.2 artifact from the WSO2 repository. There
> are a couple of examples [1] [2] of other repositories that caused
> very hard to debug issues with the Axis2 build, although they are much
> better managed than the WSO2 repository. In all these cases, we ended
> up removing them from the build.
>
> Are there no other plugins available from Maven central that have
> similar features?
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/thread/clyu2jp3iisv4kbo
> [2] http://markmail.org/thread/j6c3kw7fueihhjya
>

> >> Andreas