axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Harshana Eranga Martin <harshan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Creating Eclipse Features and a p2 repository for Axis2 Eclipse plugins
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:08:52 GMT
Hi Andreas,

On 23 January 2011 17:18, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see any issue with using this plugin, but I'm more worried
> about using the WSO2 Maven repository. While preparing the Rampart
> release we discovered that this repository contains artifacts with the
> same groupId/artifactId/version as artifacts in Maven central, but
> with different content [1]. This is a potential source for build
> instabilities. For Rampart we solved that by removing the WSO2
> repository so that only artifacts from Maven central are used. I think
> that right now, none of the Axis2 projects use the WSO2 repository.

Thanks for the explanation and I understand your concern here.

If we don't declare the WSO2 maven repository at the root pom level and
declare it only at the relevant module/sub module level, will maven still be
looking at WSO2 repository to resolve dependencies even outside of that
declared module/sub module? If not, there won't be any issues in using it
since I have declared it only at the newly added sub module level to resolve
the Carbon p2 maven plugin.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana